Friday, June 8, 2007

How To Choose A Web Designer-Developer

Requirements

The best way to decide on which kind of site you need is pretty simple, your site needs to be clean, well structured and most importantly SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) friendly.

Questions to ask?

Most importantly get a list of the current websites the developer has created, check this out and see if they look professional or suited towards your companies look and feel.

Ask about there SEO skills, do they have any example of any sites they have created doing well on the search engines! This is very important as a badly created site will do nothing more than sit there not generating any traffic or leads!

Price. This can be hardest of the 3 questions to decide on. Basically even the most complex page should create no more than a days work, and you can often create many simple pages in a day. If you have requirement for a database to store you company information online then the costs will increase for the developer for the hosting. Hosting and Domains are also easy todo yourself and you can supply the logins to the developer so you have full control over the site.

I have the recommended hosting companies that I use listed at my website and also a great place to register your domains, these I have come across while web developing for over 10 years and are the best I have found.

My websites start from 500 euros and this includes domain and hosting, and I am more than happy to quote you for any type of website and recommend the best design for you company.

But this article is not just for me to praise myself, there are many web designers and I may not be the right one for you but I hope this article give you an idea of how to go about finding one that will create for you a website you will be proud of.

No comments: